Grateful to recieve this.
Pamphlet: Some facts about Iran’s nuclear activities
Published by the Irish Peace & Neutrality Alliance (PANA)
“The United States , European allies and even Israel generally agree on three things about Iran 's nuclear program: Tehran does not have a bomb, has not decided to build one, and is probably years away from having a deliverable nuclear warhead.” (Reuters Special Report, 23 March 2012 )
- Iran has no nuclear weapons
- Iran has no nuclear weapons programme
- The Supreme Leader of Iran, Ayatollah Khamenei, has said that the possession of nuclear weapons is a “grave sin”
- The November 2011 report of the IAEA did not claim that Iran has a nuclear weapons programme
- Iran is not in breach of any obligations under the NPT
- Uranium enrichment is Iran ’s “inalienable right” under the NPT
- The US and its allies are trying to deny Iran its right to uranium enrichment under the NPT
- Iran’s nuclear facilities are open to IAEA inspection, Israel ’s are not
- A double standard is being applied with regard to nuclear weapons in the Middle East :-
(1) Iran, which has none, is the object of ferocious economic sanctions and threats of military action;
(2) Israel, which has many (perhaps as many as 400) and the ability to deliver them to any capital in the Middle East , is the object of over $3 billion a year of military aid.
- The US , Israel and others, who are threatening military action against Iran , are in breach of Article 2.4 of the UN Charter, which requires that all UN member states “shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state”.